Friday, March 13, 2009

A special meeting on an ordinary train...

Hey everyone,

I am in Cannock today...my home town! I sat on the train for a few hours and there I was back in the town that I spent my childhood years in...a lot of my thoughts originate from here.

As I was on the train coming to this little town, I sat next to a girl that was another university student. I took out my mac and was working on approaching the literary agents and also on my novel - Paralysed in Evil.

She was looking from the corner of her eye on what I was writing until she brought the topic up. She was a British Indian herself and she recognised that I was using Indian names for my characters. She started asking about how long I have been a writer for and what inspires me to write. I explained everything to her and it was quite a unique conversation.

I told her that my writing comes from within and that whatever I write...doesn't tend to mean that I am fully aware of what I write. Sometimes, it is like a blackout...everything flashes in front of me and there it is on paper. The power of my mind and soul connects and the words flow to create a story. This lovely girl just looked at me and smiled and looked surprised at what I said. She claimed that she hardly sees anyone speak with such passion but I knew that this once in a lifetime meeting was going to have a lasting impact to me.

The best part of it, she never took my name and I never took hers. I didn't know what she did but she knew what I did. The only thing that connected us was my writing and this made me realise that my writing connects me and my readers or whoever comes into contact with me. I think now that I should have took her number at least but the beauty of just talking to her took me away into a world that I had created myself. This one meeting had made me realise that when it comes to my work...I will have to do the PR work. It took one beautiful girl, who's name I do not know to make me realise that I have to be connect with everyone.

I must say this meeting created a smile that I had not had for a long time. It brought back a smile not because I had a special relation with this girl at all but the fact that this girl made me feel special without the intention of doing so. I want people to feel like that when they meet me too.

Take care everyone and I will write again to you tomorrow

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.