Thursday, March 26, 2009

Scrub that art off!

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is fine!

Just a little warning for the light-hearted and youngsters, do not read ahead if you get offended by the talk of male genitalia.

I found some funny news today on BBC. An 18-year old had painted a 60-foot penis on the roof of his parents £1 million house. There is even a picture of it.
Check it out here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsbeat/newsid_7961000/7961224.stm

Now, I find that funny, maybe because my humour is cheap. I find it funny that this kid has to return from travelling and the poor kid has to go on his roof and clean his 60-foot penis. I will be honest, the kid has some guts to do that!

Thinking about it...if I ever did something like that...I would probably get a slap on my face for bringing 'shame' on my family. My parents would not just make me scrub it off the roof, they would probably make me paint the whole house, do the gardening, do all the house chores so I learnt my lesson. This kid is lucky that he won't get anything like that!

This reminds me of an incident when I was around 13 years old. My Dad found a 'love letter' that I was going to give to a girl that I fancied. He didn't do much, he laughed it off at the time. I am glad he took it with a sense of humour otherwise to be fair...I was expecting quite a few slaps. Instead I got the usual talk of 'You go to school to study not dating!' Ahh...the days of childhood bring a smile on my face!

My advise to all youngsters...don't paint a penis on the roof of your parents' house. They haven't got enough money for a cleaner to scrub your brilliant piece of art off, come on...it's a recession!

I hope no one has a recession on their sense of humour! If you do, then my humble apologies!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.