Thursday, March 5, 2009

If someone said they could live without you...

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is well and is keeping well.

Have you ever had someone say that they can live without you? Now, if someone said that to you and they meant the world to you...how would that make you feel? Happy? Sad? Confused? Angry?

I was thinking about this situation quite a bit yesterday. Now...what would I do if someone had said that to me? I would probably leave that person alone. Fine...I leave that person alone and let them live their life the way they want to. However, what true impact would it have upon me?

Firstly, let's look at the fact. That person means the world to me...so obviously me keeping quiet and making no effort for communication will have a definite affect on me. Will I show what affect it has upon me? Probably not. If someone close to me said they could live without me, I think it would break my heart and my silence would mean that I have possibly died for that person.

Now the external aspect of me...would still be normal. I will carry on life normally...keeping myself busy. However I know, once I am by myself with my thoughts and feelings...it would depress me....depression will consume me. I know that it would because for me living without that person would be difficult, in fact impossible. I will keep on telling myself that this is what they wanted, they could live without me...they don't need me. With those thoughts...I realise that maybe this little deed of mine would be fruitful for that person and maybe I will get a little happiness from that.

Maybe I will not talk to that person ever again unless it is initiated on the other side. However, I know that this is the consequence...not of what I wanted but of what the other person wanted. I did that for someone else so that they could have an easy life...otherwise I know that my stubborn nature for wanting only the best in life, would have disturbed and annoyed that other person...arguments would have happened. I say 'would have'...because maybe they would not happen. Maybe I say 'would have' so it would make me feel less guilty for letting that person go! The things I would do just because I love and care for someone, that my own feelings are ignored by myself...

Take care and lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.