Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Creating a hell for others is actually creating hell for yourself...

Hello everyone,

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Holi! May God bless everyone with a colourful life.

I hope everyone is well and are having a good day. I sent out around 18 proposals to Literary Agents today, I hope I get lucky with one of them. I must admit I am nervous about it but it is one of the best feelings to know that one day...these restless nights would lead to this one book of many on the shelves.

I was thinking today that I do not want to be two-faced...many people change but I do not want to change for the worst, I am sure this is one many of us pray for. However, what I do hate is when people say they do not lie but they lie. I find that rude and lately, I have seen people do that. I know how much it hurts, maybe that is why I never tell a lie that would hurt someone.

I also never play around with someone's feelings...how can I? I genuinely respect everyone, no matter what they have done to me. They could have said the worst things to me but would that mean I would refrain myself from praising those people. Never! If someone deserves praise then they deserve it. However, I must say...that does not mean that people should play around with people's feelings. One time...you might beg for my friendship and then the next you could be saying I am worthless and that other people are better than me...I still do not understand the logic in that.

I would make this statement...that an honest living creates happiness and peace. People who lie, who hurt people, who disrespect others, who play with other people's sentiments will only create a hell for themselves. Creating a hell for others is actually creating hell for yourself. In their attempts to create a hell in your life, they will themselves be living in hell. The pain will hit them ten times as much! I believe in this karma. Live a good life and heaven will surround you. Be my friend and I guarantee heaven in the friendship.

Take care and I will write again tomorrow.

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Please note: Heaven and hell are not used in religious/spiritual context.


Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.