Saturday, March 21, 2009

The older you get...the wiser you become!

Hi everyone,

I am very sorry for the late post. I was out with my family...was a nice day. Gave my eldest brother a surprise for his birthday. It was a nice gathering of people, friends and family.

Today, I was thinking about the unique effect of age. They say as you grow older, you grow wiser. Although I disagree with that statement because if we look at politicians, so-called religious people who tend to be older than 35...they don't grow wiser, they just grow older.

Being wise is an important quality to have in life. Fair enough it is experience that makes you become wiser by the day but it is important that we learn this earlier on. Sometimes, we should accept that other people can be right and that we can be wrong. Personally, whenever I believe someone has made a bad decision...I do my best to reverse that decision and make it a good decision. I give options on improvement and I never give up. I don't know why I do this...I don't do it often though.

I think being humble is rather important too. If we cannot be humble about our success then why be humble when we fail? When we fail...we suddenly realise that we did something wrong and we try and learn from the mistakes. However, when we succeed...we do not look and learn from what good things we did, we consume that success. We allow that success to consume our mind and hence ego is formed. Being egoistic is important too but not in the sense that people start disrespecting us because of it.

Take care everyone and I hope everyone is well!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.