Saturday, March 28, 2009

I do not need the Man Booker's Prize!

Hey everyone,

Yeah I know...what was my post about yesterday? Well...it was obvious and to be honest the very truth. If you do not believe me...go and buy the book: How to write the Perfect Novel by Chancery Stone. Not only will it make you laugh but will actually show you the truth behind those walls of so-called creativity.

I am not a conformist and unfortunately, unless an agent is willing to take a risk by representing me...I am looking towards failure. I got a rejection slip yesterday from a literary agent...apparently in today's market, my Love is Complicated will not do so well as the market demands something else. OK...that is fine...if you are talking about genre...but I still see many romantic stories on the shelves at the bookstore I went to today! So...is it that my novel oozes creativity...it is new and is complete with a healthy bunch of characters. Where is that agent that wants that? I know of the few people that have read my novel that it is definitely a bestseller.

Fine, people do praise it to be a bestseller if an agent chooses to represent me, but even if it sells a thousand copies then fair enough. I know that my story will give you tears, it will give you happiness and I know it will entertain you. If it can entertain me then it can entertain you. I know I sound like a sour grape at the moment but I am not a sour grape. I am telling the harsh reality...I am releasing my frustrations because I fear that no agent will represent my novel.

My writing will always be there for other people's entertainment. I do not want a Man Booker's prize or anything like that. Awards need me, I do not need them. For me the biggest award is when I know that someone...somewhere has brought my book. The more people that buy it...the bigger the value of the award is. For me...the appreciation of the public is the biggest prize. Within the next few months...either I will be writing here telling you that no agent will be representing me and I will be asking what should I do. Or and I believe that this is most likely to happen that, I will have an agent that is willing to represent me. I want the latter and I know if I have the good wishes of you all and the blessings from God that this can happen!

Anyway...I hope everyone is fine and are having a great weekend!

Take care and lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.