Friday, March 27, 2009

Am I creating a new breed of writers?

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is fine and that everyone enjoyed the humour in my post yesterday!

I was thinking a lot about what is a good book? What is great about novels that are about talking chimps, kids that ride broomsticks, talking trees, ugly characters etc? Mine is about real people and real characters. My novels will always be realisitic.

My characters are real and they are beautiful. Yes, in Love is Complicated...Rahul is a stud and so is Nikhil. Naina is a pretty girl. I do not want a literary prize...I want people to love my book, to fall in love with the plot and to fall in love with the characters. I want them to feel a little escapism but not forgetting reality at the same time.

I am sure you are wondering why I am writing this...I am not saying Love is Complicated is the best novel out there but it is not something that literary agents or publishers will be looking forward to.

'Writers are well-known to be socially inept and misfits and are apparently fat and ugly!' (according to 'How to write the perfect novel by Chancery Stone). This is not good for me as I fit into society easily and I am full of confidence when I meet people. I do say this with no ego that I am not ugly...I am fairly good-looking and I am certainly not fat! So that must mean that I am breaking barriers just with my physical appearance. I am sure there is one agent that is willing to break the mould. I am not a boring person either...so I do wonder if agents appreciate that. God knows!

Maybe this looks like I am having a moan...it is not like that. It is actually the harsh reality. I am not a misfit for the literary world...I am about to give the literary world something special! Now that could be me just being over-confident...only time and an opportunity will tell the true picture!

Take care and lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.