Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Writing for 'Paralysed in Evil' begins!

Hi readers,

How is everyone? Hope all is good with you and I am wishing for the best of you all. I want to first congratulate America and the World for a historic day, when Barack H. Obama was sworn in as the 44th President! This brings me great joy and I am amazed by his words today. The hope is that now he does practice what he says and builds upon a world, which can live in peace and unity! The full text of his inauguration speech is found on this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/obama_inauguration/7840646.stm

First of all, the good news for today is that the writing for 'P
aralysed in Evil' has officially begun. This is the most exciting projects and I hope that I can deliver the expectations that you have for me. I hope that I can bring a new identity to evil and that I can create a cult character that can be remembered. Obviously, I know how much it takes to write in 1st person as an evil character but it is enjoyable. I really don't know how to explain the feelings that go into writing this because it takes a lot of energy.

I have done a lot of preparation into this novel. I studied gangs, how they were formed, how they functioned and how they made money. It created a lot of knowledge and obviously, I want to create something different that is not part of the norm but can be accepted as the norm. I listen to soundtracks that have a dark undertone. I also have a posters up of the recent movie 'The Dark Knight', one of the Batman and the other of the Joker. This is for the basic reason that I understand that for evil to exist, good must exist! Here take a look:

'Paralysed in Evil' will take around 6 months to complete and with the way it is looking now, it could be a little longer.

However, I do have some bad news. My manuscript for one literary agent got rejected as my work fell outside their line of work that they promote to mainstream publishers. However, they did state that the manuscript was 'well-written' which gives me hope. My journey for the right literary agent continues!

Hope everyone is well and my love goes to all,

Rahul N. Singh


Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.