Sunday, January 25, 2009

Part One: Appreciation for Shah Rukh Khan - Honest Hard-work!


Hi Readers,

I've thought of something new for my blog. To have appreciation blog posts for some of the people, I hold significant. Of course, there are some people who have a huge influence on my life but I choose not to mention them on my blog. I will say that they know I do not need to mention them! They are beyond appreciation!

It would be unfair for me to start this new 'Appreciation for...' without Shah Rukh Khan. In fact, this guy will be a regular on this new feature. For the past two years, I have seen his work
closely and I have tried to look into one of India's biggest brands...the SRK brand.

His way of working, his way of life, his way of speaking, his way of emoting with his fans are all inspirational for me. Could one blog post explain all that for this man? I do not think it can hold justice for someone who has done so much.

My dreams of being a creative writer or even just following my dreams were ignited a year or two back. My dreams were awakened by a few people and one of those people is Shah Rukh Khan. In fact, as I write this, I am thinking of the best way to appreciate Shah Rukh.

Shah Rukh, came as a storm to the Hindi Film Industry, best known as Bollywood. He came as a scruffy looking man but he had one vision. The vision of being the biggest superstar! How he did that everyone knows. In fact, his journey is what inspires people like myself, who want to make it big in the entertainment industry.

What strikes me the most about this great guy is that he gives his true, honest opinion on why he is a brand or a successful man. He said on Oye! It's Friday which is hosted by Farhan Akhtar, that honest and hard-work is the way to be successful.
Those two words highlight what kind of person SRK truly is.

Honesty, if everyone on this earth was honest, wouldn't it be a better place? The fact is, we lack honesty in our lives. We think of how to better ourselves only by demeaning other people. Why not better ourselves by thinking or believing we can outdo ourselves? Religion or spirituality teaches honesty in it's core of beliefs. However, how many of us actually practice it? I agree that not every famous person is honest...but to reach where SRK has, then honesty is the only way. It would be true to say Shah Rukh Khan is possibly the most famous living man today!

With honesty there is a price to pay! Shah Rukh receives so much criticism by the media, by his own industry because it is full of, as I quote Karan Johar 'Dishonest Honesty' and due to that Shah Rukh Khan is faced by ignorance by his fellow peers. Due to Shah Rukh not conforming to 'Dishonest Honesty' he has to pay the price. People do not like him, more due to jealousy, whoever they may be.

Hard-work...sheer determination to succeed. That is what Shah Rukh is. He does not give up, as they say he has the 'Never-say-die spirit' and that is truly what Shah Rukh is. He does not give up on what he wants. I believe his hard-work is basically just out-doing his last success or moving on from his failings. A guy that can see his failure and not blame his audience shows why he is the best in the Indian Film Industry. Even though, his Paheli flopped, he didn't go out and criticise everyone who said it was a bad movie (Paheli is one of my favourite movies). He didn't go out and say that the critics are stupid (even though most of them are). He saw his failure, picked himself up and only worked on getting better. He works hard everyday, only to out-do and better himself. That is truly inspiring for anyone, in whatever field of work.


As I end this Part One for Shah Rukh Khan...it is true to say that honest hard-work is the way forward for youngsters and old alike. It is time, we follow this one aspect and make this world a better place. For those, that are like me, the entertainers, then surely looking into the success of Shah Rukh Khan is a push-force for us to achieve our own dreams. Part Two for Shah Rukh Khan will follow in the next week.


I hope you like this and if you want, please give your feedback either as a comment or in the shoutbox on your right! Or tell me of anyone, who you hold as an inspiration or who has made an impact on your life and would like to know why I appreciate them, then please do tell me. I do like to learn about other important people too and it'll be great for increasing my knowledge.

Thank you for reading!
Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh


Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.