Thursday, January 22, 2009

Living in between realism and idealism!

Hey Readers,

Hope you are all well!

I wrote my 2nd Chapter for Paralysed in Evil last night. I wrote three versions and I must tell you it was a gruesome experience. However, I love the way the 2nd chapter has shaped up and it shows you the darkness of my protagonist Sameer.

Paralysed in Evil is a story that is between reality and fantasy. With any super-villain story or even super-hero story, there has to be elements of fantasy. With Sameer, he is a dark character and due to that he has dark humour. The fact is, he allows you into his world and he understands the world around him, he understands the people around him.

As I wrote and finalised the 2nd chapter...I looked at the evil in Sameer and the fact is, he is evil because he wants to be. He does not need to justify what he wants to do, he just does it. He lives in between realism and idealism. He knows that in order to have a realistic world, an idealistic world needs to be created in the mind. Hence, you can imagine what this character is going to be like.

If you have not read the preview chapter for Paralysed in Evil, check it out and I hope you do like it! http://chroniclesofacreativewriter.blogspot.com/2008/11/first-preview-paralysed-in-evil.html

I am going to go now and write the 3rd and 4th chapter. At the moment, I am still behind schedule...hopefully I will be on schedule by the end of the month!

Take care and catch you here tomorrow!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.