Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stop and search?

Hey readers,

I hope all of you are fine and well! I request all Hindi music lovers to check out the soundtrack from Dilli 6, it is amazing! A R Rahman has produced one of his best works in his career! Will write up my review one day!

Well, I have sent my first submission for my novel today and I hope I receive good results. It is a great feeling and I must say that I am sure I can achieve my dreams. It is all about self-belief. I hope God is kind to me, as He always has been. I want to also thank you all for your good wishes!

I was speaking to my friend yesterday. A white male, he got stopped by some officers under the terrorist act. Now what surprises me is that we cannot question if we are stopped and searched under this terrorist act! How is this justice in a democracy. Is the UK, now a country that is closing in on our personal freedom?

Now, I am a British Indian, although I do refer myself to be only a human being and belonging to no nationality. However, I do not want to be stopped and searched because of the colour of my skin! The thought annoys me. I do follow the law, do not think that I am going against the system. However, I feel that this will only separate society from the Government and the Police. Should we feel safe because of the Police or should we be in fear because of the Police? With all these laws that are going through, giving more powers to the Police can also harm the INNOCENT!

I do not want to create a political debate but I want to create awareness. I thought the UK was a country with democratic rule...however I think we are forming a new type of government! Personally, I believe youngsters should be more involved with politics and this can change the world in a big way. Youngsters have such a huge passion to move this country forward but an opportunity needs to be given.

Please do not take my words out of context. The intentions are clearly positive!

Thanks for reading and lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.