Monday, January 5, 2009

I don't believe in relationships

Hi readers,

I hope everyone has had a great start to the New Year and I do hope this year of 2009 brings goodness to all. A special note that I pray that God brings peace to Palestine, it is sad to see the violence that is going on and I hope that the major powers of this world bring hope for peace and unity.

To go the topic of my discussion, it is towards my next novel 'Paralysed in Evil' which highlights the journey of a London-based gangster with Indian origins. In this novel, I do go against everything that I highlighted in my previous novel 'Love is Complicated'.

Lately, I have realised that I am a romantic myself but do I believe in relationships? No, I clearly don't. Not anymore! I don't think anyone can be true to you and most people are false and fake. They like to play with your feelings and bring out these words that are meant to mean something...yes, the words 'I love you' which is common for fake people to say!

In the past month, I have realised one thing...it is best to keep yourself to yourself. Never tell anyone exactly how you feel, that person will always let you down. I have created characters that show their soul to their lovers and give their soul to their lovers and the main problem is deceit. If that lover betrays my character, I would rather want my character to tell their lover that he/she is dead to them. People who cannot value or see positivity in your love, what is the point of keeping them in your life? Take them out..NO...NO...throw them out of your life!

The problem with people is that they fail to see positivity and it is people like myself that get beaten down for our positivity. I question myself...should I carry on being positive or shall I start creating feelings of negativity towards those that are negative towards me? But I do love all, that is my problem. I love and accept every human being, no matter who they are. However, I am sure God will forgive me if I show those people that have hurt me, a bit of what my pain feels like.

All I have to say to those people that don't like me or have hurt me. Wait, you may not even know you have hurt me but count yourself lucky that I haven't made you aware of it. All I want to say is that don't expect me to be me anymore. Those that are true to me, I am afraid it is because of these people that I have become so private in my own feelings. I only blame those people that have hurt me. To be honest, those that have hurt me truly and they know who they are...one message, in my world you do not exist, for you people, I am dead. For the very few people that I showed my soul to and have let me down, I am more than dead to you!

I only believe in true relationships and there are a few of these in my life and I love those people more than anything in this world. I am glad that these few people have so much value in my life and I know that I or even they will never let go of the relationship. I hope that God does protect these relationships as they are worth it!

As I end this blog message, it may seem harsh or whatever, it may hurt some but that pain you feel is only a mere 1% of the pain I feel. All I can say is that stay true to yourself only and I am sure God will bless you with a few true relationships because those people are true themselves!

On a positive note, in February I am getting the opportunity to meet Shah Rukh Khan again at the Zee Carnival and I cannot wait to see my favourite star once again. I hope this summer is also great and I get to meet my biggest idol, if not I will travel to India myself!

Take care and lots of love to all,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.