Sunday, January 18, 2009

I blog - does it mean I have no life?


Hey Readers,

Hope everyone is well! I am really looking forward to Obama's Presidential Inauguration. I really do hope that he does act upon his promises and is not the normal politician that we are all used to!

I was once asked, in fact this person was trying to insult me...
  1. 'Why do you blog?'
  2. 'Isn't blogging for people with no social life?'
  3. 'Don't you have any friends?'
Now, I am a nice guy...I do not really care about what people think about blogs or even bloggers. Come on, our biggest celebrities run a blog! It would be unfair if I do not answer those questions, since I mentioned them!

Why do I blog? I blog because I am interesting. I like to show this world and not just my friends my interesting personality! Someone might find that sad...but you might have a Facebook account. Now Facebook is kind of blogging with those status updates etc.

So isn't blogging for people with no social life? Yet, it is fine to have a Facebook/Myspace/Hi5 account and constantly update your status's as if people care about what you are doing or how you are! I still have an active social life, most of my day goes by being at uni and doing uni work. Then, it is writing my novels. I watch movies and go out with my friends when I have spare time. Blogging doesn't mean that I sit on the computer all day and write a post out! It takes me a maximum of half an hour! Does that mean I am a spontaneous thinker/writer?

Do I have any friends? I think I do have friends. I am friends with people, I don't know if they consider me as a friend though! Only joking, I have a lot of friends, who I do try and keep in touch with. I am bad with keeping in touch with them but they are good with keeping in touch with me. I do have a large family too, so you know I got a large social circle!

There we go, I have answered them. I am not saying it is bad to have a social networking account, in fact it is a great idea! However, my life is only interested in this blog and not social networking websites anymore! Hopefully nobody will question me now, hey! Us, bloggers do have an interesting life too!

I will hopefully speak to you tomorrow, thanks for reading and I hope you do see the humour in my post!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh


Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.