Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bad news for my writing...

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is good. The following news is not at all part of an April Fool's joke but is God's honest truth.

I got bad news for you all. Love is Complicated may not find itself an agent. After sending a few excerpts to an author, I was told the novel is not of publishing standard. Unfortunately, my debut may take a lot longer than we expected or hoped for. I am really sorry guys, I am not changing Love is Complicated one bit as I believe it can sell. I will not risk the simplicity of Love is Complicated even if it reads like a script. I still believe that it can sell! At the moment, I have lost hope for that to be published right now. I was even told that I could not even tell a story so what more can I expect. I guess my dream debut will take a backseat for now. I am really sorry! The hunt for agents is still on and like I said, if in a few months I do get a positive reply then maybe the dream debut will be back on. However, after those comments I have to take out a plan B!

The second bad news for you all is that Paralysed in Evil is also being shelved and I have to come up with another novel that will atleast allow me to enter the market. I know this will disappoint some of you and trust me it breaks my heart too. Unfortunately, simplistic story-telling is apparently not writing so it leaves me with no choice but to stop writing Paralysed in Evil. Again, I am really sorry.

What good news can I give you. I am at an all-time low at the moment and I have to think of new ways to tackle these so-called intellectual publishers/agents. I have to play the rules of the game for a while before I can start bending the rules. I really do not know if I am a shit writer or if I cannot write at all. It kind of makes me feel deluded at the moment. Hence, on that note, in case anyone did not read my last post then please do so, here is the link: http://chroniclesofacreativewriter.blogspot.com/2009/03/message-from-my-heart.html

I am really sorry for disappointing everyone who believed in me and Love is Complicated.

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.