Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Read 'The Alchemist'

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is fine and are having a good day.

What is it that stops us from getting to our destiny? What is it that stops us from having fun...the real fun, not the fun that we feel temporarily.

I am sure some of you will understand. Some of you might be thinking of; what is the fun that we feel temporarily? Or what does Rahul mean by real fun? Everything that is temporary can become permanent, it is our minds and our desires that limit the fun to a temporary status.

I have recently come in contact with a book. I was recommended to read this by my flatmate, who is now a very good friend of mine. He is also wishing to become a writer, I am sure he will realise this wish soon! He told me to read 'The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho'. I am positive that anyone that reads passionately, or feels passionate about writing books has definitely read this magnificent novel. If not, go and read it, it's hardly 150 pages. Each and every page holds a significance and is worth every minute of time spent in reading the book.

The thing with The Alchemist, is that it teaches something that I knew a few years back, so I did not really learn anything new nor has it dramatically changed my life. It's made me realise what I was doing and that I must continue to do so. In my opinion, for writers it is important for us to live in the present, the more we think about our past and future, more likely it seems that we limit our passion to reach our destiny.

I recommend 'The Alchemist' for any avid reader or anyone that is interested in achieving dreams. Actually, just read the book for my sake, I am positive it will not disappoint you!

Take care and lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.