Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Power is the Prayer!

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well. I would like to give my heartfelt prayers to the people of Italy, who have been affected by the earthquake. May the Power bless everyone!

I was asked a question and I thought maybe the answer will do some good here.

Q. What religious prayer do you say?

A. Firstly, I do not believe in any religion. I am neither Hindu, Muslim, Sikh or Christian. I do not follow any established religion at all. The reason for me is simply, I cannot afford to give my time to rites and rituals, dogmatic belief and conformity.

Prayer is something sacred and for me is personal. I believe more in spirituality than in religion. I do not believe God has set down on any rules on how or when we should pray. Even, how many times we should pray to God. I believe that we should first be good to others, love others and leave no room for hatred in our hearts towards others. In fact, we should open up our hearts and think with our hearts. Remove the fear from our hearts and then we should pray. In my opinion, people will disagree with me, prayers are only effective when fear from the heart is removed.

I do not even like calling God - God! I like to call God - the Power. I believe the Power is what blesses us with an energy that is divine. The power of prayer is only effective when we pray from our hearts. Our hearts need to be clear with only space of love and courage. There should be no room for fear and hatred. When I pray it is simply opening up my arms, closing my eyes and asking the Eternal Power to consume me with the Divine Energy. For me that is prayer because I establish the connection with the Power. There is nothing beyond that Power...there is no word beyond that Power. The Power is the prayer!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.