Friday, May 23, 2008

OffBeat Fun: Akki-Raps to become King of Bollywood?

Hello my OffBeat Fun readers!

Hope all is well with you! Once again, I am with you with another topic that has played on my mind lately about Bollywood! While I was thinking about Bollywood, the first names that myself and you think of is Amitabh Bachchan for his films in the 1970s (let's not get into the 1980s) and Shah Rukh Khan for being the King for over a decade now. For me, since it is SRK that got me into Bollywood, it is hard to not mention him in these blog entries...so I am sorry to the SRK-haters but it is good for us who appreciate SRK!

Now after my two other posts, I felt that someone was not getting the limelight from me! After Big B, Aamir, who is facing my wrath! I am sure this person is feeling left out. However now there is a new name that for some odd reason has come into the same league as the two legends of Bollywood... Akshay Kumar (Akki)! OK... everyone stop swearing at him, I know he has tortured you with his goofy faces in his last few recent films!

The thing to make the news is the fact that Akki may be rapping with Snoop Dogg! But why is Akki choosing to rap for his new film Singh is Kinng?! What is he trying to do? I sit here thinking about it and can come up with nothing. It is useless, there are so many talents in Bollywood, what is the need to go to America and grab some rappers from there? Well, I hope Snoop Dogg realises that working with Akki is not a good idea and declines the offer. More on Akki and rapping later!

Has everyone seen the promotion video for Singh is Kinng? It is terrible, absolutely cheap publicity. He claims to be the King of Bollywood after a few hits? Well Akki, here is a wake-up call. You cannot and I mean this... cannot take over SRK as the Baadshah! Why? At the end of the day, what have you done for Bollywood in terms of quality cinema? Welcome, Heyy Babyy, Bhool Bhulaiya and Namastey London? Which one of them matches or even reaches half the standards of Swades and ChakDe India? Not even one of them Akki! Don't claim you are the King of Bollywood by those terrible films you have done. SRK has worked in many diverse roles and you have not, lately you have become repetitive. I respect you for working your way up in the Industry but come on, so has SRK! However, if you compare the career graphs in terms of acting not box-office, then SRK is far better.
Can everyone remember the film of SRKs Baadshah and the song Main Hoon Pagal? SRK had also did a rap in the film! This film confirmed to the world that he was the Baadshah! Now is Akki, following his footsteps? Firstly with the movie title 'Singh is Kinng' and then with the rap with Snoop Dogg? Is Akki rapping his way to become the next Bollywood King? I will let you readers think about that...

Everyone calls you the Box-office King but what happened with Trashan... sorry Tashan! You was not even able to bring that to an average grosser, instead it FLOPPED! I found you really annoying that I wanted to scream out so loud, you over-acted like anything! Forget overacting, but you was wasted in the whole action sequences, which I remember you was well known for (I prefer your action movies)! Look at the content and the scenes from SRKs Don, that is what you call an action movie!
So, have the audience got bored of your goofy faces and over-used comic scenes? Well, I will let my readers ponder on this thought, but I am sure after the trailer of Singh is Kinng, it is clear to the world... that your ego stinks and so does your comic acting!

Thanks for reading and please comment on this, I want to know your views on Akki apparently taking over the throne of Bollywood from SRK!


Love,
Rahul N. Singh