Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do we love once or many times?

Hey Readers,

Hope you are all good! What a week it has been! Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan both being in the news for their blogs! It is quite good for us bloggers because they give us so much to write! Also, the IPL (Indian Premier League) is getting more interesting and I really hope the Kolkata Knight Riders win the tournament!

The topic today is simple and it is going to be short and sweet! I had to deal with this question while writing Love is Complicated.

I believe that we can love many times, but true love only happens once. This is the basis of my novel, as we all know it is a battle between knowing what is the difference between love and true love.

Today, society accepts relationships more openly than before, say around 100 years ago. Most of us will or have probably gone through a series of 'love' relationships or phases before we get to our true love or just realise who our true love is.

Whenever someone tells me you cannot love more than once but you can be attracted to so many people, then what is attraction? When we see someone that we find appealing to the eyes, we get attracted to that beauty, so what is that? It is attraction and it is a type of love. Watch Mani Ratnams' Dil Se, it is brilliant as it portrays the seven shades of love and attraction is a shade!

For me to answer how do you know who your true love is? Well, my readers I am not going to tell you that because that is what my novel will tell you! So Love is Complicated is a journey from love to true love as well as sacrifice!

ANNOUNCEMENT: After the success of the first Guest Topic which was Big B has a blog....my opinion? Guest Topics will now be a regular feature of this blog due to lovely people voting yes on the poll! I want all my readers to now get to know what my intake on things are outside my novel. So it may be controversial but I guarantee entertainment for you all!
But I do need your help! Please could you comment on what you want to see on the Guest Topics?


Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you all soon!

Love,
Rahul N. Singh