Monday, August 11, 2008

My characters are spiritual.

Hi Readers,
After around two weeks I have come back to the blog. I have missed writing to you all and it is good to be back. I have been on vacation and I really enjoyed myself.

But lets get back to what has been on my mind during the time I have been writing the climax. Let 's give you a little more information about the characters.
The title of this blog says it all. But the question is how are they spiritual? Love is Complicated does not not talk about religion but it is evident that the characters believe in God.

So why do my characters believe in God? Personally I believe in God so therefore that can influence the way I write about my characters. Also the characters need inspiration, they need strength from somewhere, so they turn to God. Mostly Rahul and Naina are strong believers in God.

Rahul is a strong character. He fears God but loves God. He knows eventually his prayers will be answered. Rahul had seen his father die and still keep faith in God. Rahul had to see the love of his life be in someone else's arms but how did he cope with that? Again faith in God. God is Rahul's inspiration and the Giver for his strength. The pain that Rahul had gone through is something overwhelming, it is not easy for a broken heart to see the bigger picture. Rahul could have anyone, he could have had someone 'better' but no that is not the case. Rahul loves Naina and he wanted Naina only. The question now is does Rahul get Naina? Does God answer his prayer?

Naina is a woman who is strong. She knows what she wants from life but she has her days. She has days when she thinks about things. God is kept in her mind and she does not really speak about her faith. However, she goes through what Rahul does but does she have the same feelings as Rahul has for her or does she go through what Rahul does with Nikhil? As a woman, she is strong and what she does affects the whole story, she influences each and every character and this is what makes this story more about her than Rahul.

As we can see, Rahul is a strong believer in God, he does not believe in a particular religion. The message of Love is Complicated is simple. The message is to love and love unconditionally. Rahul loves Naina because he does. He would do anything for her happiness and it is her happiness that becomes his happiness.

I hope you have enjoyed the read and it is glad to be back. I hope you have all been well in the past two weeks. Take care and I will blog to you all again soon!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh