Friday, August 22, 2008

OffBeat Fun: SRK or Salman?

Hello Readers,

Welcome back to OffBeat Fun! Well, what can I say, it is great to be back on track with the blog and most of all, this is the first OffBeat Fun blog post in a month.

Right, I think this is a time of evaluation. A time for when I think that all the successful people are having problems with their lives. I am having them and so is my idol SRK. But there is one thing about people like SRK that inspires many of us and that is silence. The fact is despite every problem that he has had, he has remained dignified and silent. That is what probably makes him the King of Bollywood. Maybe this is something you and definitely I need to learn.

However, one person that has given nothing but grief to me is Mr. Salman Khan. This guy has annoyed me to a level where annoying seems like a small word to express myself.
I am sure all those that have kept an eye on the news, Salman and SRK have had a fall-out. The fall-out took place at Katrina Kaif's birthday party. Now, the reason behind the fight is still something the media is unsure about. Salman says its personal reasons while SRK says it is because he refused to star in Salman's home production 'Main aur Mrs Khanna'. I believe SRK on this. he has a right to refuse any offer that comes his way. Is it really needed for Salman to make a fuss about?

Fine, Salman did a guest appearance in Om Shanti Om but that does not mean that SRK has to return a favour. Especially if Salman is a true friend. I am sure true friends do things for their friends selflessly. Maybe Sallu needs to look into the term friendship before he calls SRK a 'Matlabi Insaan' and that means a selfish person. As far as I see it, SRK is not selfish, as we all know he does not brag about having his own charity or doing so much for charity. In fact, he launched all his close friends careers as directors, Aditya Chopra, Karan Johar and Farah Khan.

Also, one thing that has annoyed me about this whole fight is that Salman is the one that is hurling abuses and SRK remains quiet. Salman, should we really look at what type of person you are? You have been accuses of hitting your girlfriends (this may not be true), he gets drunk and then drives on a sidewalk and kills innocent people. He kills endangered species and breaks film sets while being drunk. How can the media forget that this guy has gone to jail too? Yet, all the negative press has been on SRK. I think Salman needs a reality check before he says anything about anyone. We all know what he is like with Vivek Oberoi. Vivek even apologised to Salman for his mistakes but Salman didn't accept the apology. So who really is the 'Matlabi insaan' Salman? I feel my finger is pointing at you.

Going back to this fight. You would expect Salman to be calm now. You would expect Salman...after calling SRK a 'Matlabi insaan' that he would stop there. Well, this guy does not stop. In an interview, Salman was asked a question. I will give you the question and the answer Salman gave.
Question: You equate your relationship with Shah Rukh as the same as your equation with Vivek Oberoi. But Vivek Oberoi did a lot of damage to you in the media and public, did Shah Rukh upset you that much?

Answer: They have similar personalities. I don’t want to talk about it.
Now, please tell me how they have similar personalities and if they do, thank God it is not like yours. At the moment, you are just being a spoilt child who cannot have his chocolate ice-cream. The fact is what has SRK done that has insulted you infront of the media? By not reacting or responding to the news. How surprising because you know what Salman, I am sure SRK is not that stupid to know that your film was getting ready to be released. I am sure he was aware that your film would get more response if he reacted. 'God Tussi Great Ho' well, God was not so great to you was He? This film flopped and it deserved it. Only Aamir is good at creating controversies and making his film hits or blockbusters!

Next point is what you said regarding to a question asked about SRK. 'You must remember, true success doesn’t understand crab mentality'. For those who do not know what crab mentality is...it basically means someone who is selfish and is on the lines of 'if I can't have it, neither can you'. Please Salman, have you ever not talked nonsense? As far as being successful goes...SRK has definitely achieved more success than you have. In terms of professionally and personally. As far as we all know, SRK helps whoever he can, he even helped Hrithik who was meant to topple him off the throne of the Baadshah of Bollywood. So I find your comment to be somehow ignorant just like yourself.

Salman, I have not got into your acting in films and this is when you should thank God. I just want to say to you, that you over-act, you ham all the time, you should get yourself a new fashion designer if you want to maintain this 'macho' image that you have. In Partner, you had your belly-button pierced. Seriously, what the fish! Also your show 'Dus Ka Dumb' I find nothing great about the way you host it, although I must thank you for making me fall asleep when I watch it. It really helps my insomnia!

I conclude that the winner of this fight is certainly the one and only King Khan...Shah Rukh Khan!

Right, that is it my readers. Please, do take what I said as humour and not seriously. It is not meant to cause offense. Take care and I hope you had a great read. Write to you soon.

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh.