Monday, August 25, 2008

Love is Complicated: Women are honoured.

Hi readers!

Controversies, hatred between people, people losing a loved one and friendship's failing. All this has happened in the past month. Somehow either I have personally been involved in one of those things or I have seen others involved in them. However, one thing can overcome these things and that is positivity.

I read a quote somewhere and it said: 'A negative thinker sees a difficulty in every opportunity. A positive thinker sees an opportunity in every difficulty...so be POSITIVE'. I will let your mind ponder on that quote. Think about it for 5 minutes and gather your thoughts. Think about the times you were negative and think about the times you were positive. In those positive times did you see an opportunity in the difficult time you were in? The effects of your decisions, your actions were they positive? Was it creating opportunities for those around you or was you making their lives more difficult? Have a think about it...

Getting to the actual topic of the post, I am a strong believer in equal opportunity. Most of all, I have great amount of respect for women. I will admit that I have learned from my idols about respecting women, they have certainly, in a positive way, influenced my way of thinking. I will make this clear, that I am only influenced by positive aspects of life such as love, trust, tolerance, respect etc.

I have not talked about women in my novel that much. There are some female characters that are not known to you but have a huge impact on the story. Actually, it is the female characters that sort out the problems, that bring out the positive thoughts and actions, which leads to the other characters seeing opportunities in their difficult times.

Why do I choose the female characters to bring out positivity? Every women has the potential to be a mother. We won't go into biology but it is a true fact. The love that a mother has for her child(ren) is amazing. It is a love that is unique. A mother never thinks of doing wrong to her child(ren). With that thought in my mind, my female characters are all positive thinkers. They cannot do wrong and everything the reader may think is wrong, will be shown that whatever that female character did was right in the end.

Naina, who is the main female character is my favourite character. The story does become all about her and Rahul. However, the concentration towards the end is focussed on Naina. The story takes a dramatic turn and this is where the whole aspect of the sacrifice is changed. The story changes and the decisions that Naina makes is what is truly inspiring for anyone. I have said from the start that the strongest character is Naina but the most loved character will be Rahul.

However, there is one thing that needs to be noted. Rahul loves Naina. The one point that the reader will pick up is that he is the ultimate romantic. He loves only Naina to the extreme level that true lovers go to. However, he loves and respects other women, his love is genuine. For him, he does not have any sexual feelings for the other women that are in his life. He makes sure that the women in his life are honoured. This is what makes him one of the most unique characters that I will ever create. My male readers will respect him and my female readers will adore him, they will love him. That is the effect of the character Rahul.

Even with Rahul, he is someone that can forgive easily. In fact his weakness is his genuine love for women. Even if a woman does something bad to him, broke his heart, made him feel lower than anything, he would still love her. Even if he tries to break all ties, break every relation he had with that woman, eventually he would forgive her. In the end, he wouldn't be able to break the tie. The reason is simple, he loves women and oversees their flaws. My story does talk about why there are double standards between men and women. My story goes against those double standards and will show that men and women are equal and that is the bottom line!

That is the end of my post, I would like to know what you think of this particular post. Is there any questions that you want to ask me or any doubts you have that you want me to clear...please do ask. If you genuinely like this post then tell me that you do and which parts you enjoyed reading the most. If you did not like some of the things I wrote, then please do tell me. Thanks for reading.

Take care and lots of love,

Rahul N. Singh