Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is Bollywood the Inspiration?

Hello Readers!

Hope all of you are well and are happy! I am now on my 120th page with Love is Complicated. By the way, that is 120 pages of A4! I had the opportunity to watch a report on the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. Yes, the film that shows infidelity in marriages. It was an interesting topic about marriages and why they fail or succeed!

Lets get back to Love is Complicated, we can talk about other topics like infidelity when I want to make a novel about it.

Why have I chosen the names Rahul, Naina and Nikhil for Love is Complicated?

Lets start with my favourite character Rahul. As you all know, my name is Rahul. Actually Rahul is my favourite name. I read somewhere that Rahul is the one that removes obstacles. So my character has that quality. He removes the obstacles. Also it is a tribute to the 'Rahul' characters we see in Bollywood. Another reason is that it's a tribute to my favourite actor Shah Rukh Khan for making the name 'Rahul' popular! I can already imagine people going 'Oh God, Shah Rukh is mentioned in his blog too.'
Next name is Naina: Naina is a very strong character and she also speaks alot through her eyes. Her eyes speak more than the words that come out of her mouth. She is our girl next door. Also Naina is one of my favourite names!
Nikhil: Nikhil was chosen mainly because it was a name with two syllables. I wanted someone with a name that can sound cool and one that can sound evil at the same time. As Nikhil has many gray shades in his personality.

Love is Complicated-is it inspired by Bollywood movies?

Love is Complicated is only inspired by love. Today and in the past, Bollywood movies have been the best for love stories. The exploration of love is done with perfection in Bollywood. Bollywood movies have a lot of emotion attached to it and Love is Complicated also has a lot of emotion attached to it too. So you will have the nostalgia of Bollywood films (Kal Ho Naa Ho)!

That is it folks. If you have any questions about the blog or Love is Complicated feel free to ask in the comments space underneath. The more questions you ask, the more I can write to you all! I will write to you all soon and please send the link to this blog to all your friends and family! Take care everyone! Thanks for reading!

Love,
Rahul N. Singh