Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ghajini Music Review


GHAJINI MUSIC REVIEW
Firstly, this album should not be compared to Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. It is for a different audience and is different in style. The music is by A R Rahman and lyrics are by Prasoon Joshi.


Guzarish – We all heard this song in the promos. This does not disappoint. Rahman is on form with this song. We know that this is a love song. The music is soothing and the lyrics work on you after a while. Although the lyrics are not that special, the visuals that were seen in the promo will make this song special. The music itself is great and there is no doubt about that. Javed Ali does well with the song.
My verdict: This will work with audiences, the promo for the song has already been appreciated. Surely will be a chartbuster and I love the song.

Aye Bachchu – This song is rather modern. It is different and Suzanne does well in singing this song. As this is the first time I have heard such music, I have to say it is foot tapping and I do enjoy it. I can't tell how this will work with the movie. So this will be a surprise. Rahman is brilliant again and he is experimenting and I appreciate that. Lyrics again are fairly average.
My verdict:
This song will take its time to grow on you but it surely does. I could not understand what was being said at first but you kind of get the hang of it. It is an average track and should work. Again, it might work well with the visualisation.

Kaise Mujhe
– This is another love song and I love the way it starts. Benny Dayal and Shreya Ghoshal sing this song. I love Shreya's voice, she is perfect as usual. Benny Dayal does justice to music that is excellently created by Rahman. I feel at times that Benny could sing a little louder. The music is pleasing to the ears as it is slow and this song will only get better with the visuals. This song does take time to grow on you. The lyrics are pleasing at times.
My verdict: With visuals this song will grow and grow. It is sweet and soulful. This song is for the romantics and I personally enjoy it. Lyrics are nice too.

Behka
– The promo for this song has just released with Aamir sporting six different looks. I love this number which is fun and enjoyable. It is one of those songs you just sit back and relax. The visuals as we know are brilliant. The song grows on to you. Karthik sings well, nothing great at first but then grows on to you. The lyrics are again very average but the tune does become catchy. Rahman does really well with this song. When the music paces up in the middle, it is great. It is my favourite part of the song.
My verdict: This will definitely work and with the visuals it will create a strong impact. The music is what stands out for this song. This will be a chartbuster.

Latoo Latoo
– Shreya Ghoshal is again amazing in this song. She only is getting better. This song is for the clubs. The tune is catchy and foot-tapping. The lyrics are great for this song. Shreya shows her versatility with this song. Rahman creates excellent music for this song. I really like it and it grows on you at the very least on the second listen. The visuals will definitely help this song and this should be the next song that the makers should use for a song promo.
My verdict: This song will work and will be a chartbuster. I love this song and I am sure it will work with the audience. Again, it is the music that stands out and Rahman is a genius.

Kaise Mujhe (Instrumental) – If you just want to hear the music with no lyrics to this song, it is a total treat. I really enjoy it and it is worth listening to. Sit back, close your eyes and allow the music captivate you.


Overall verdict:
I feel this album is very commercial but different. It will take time for it to settle and after the film releases it should do really well. Critics will praise this and it should be praised. Comparisons will be made with Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi but that would be useless. They are both very different and both are great soundtracks. There are similarities such as both are fairly short albums and will take time for the listener to enjoy it. Guzarish, Kaise Mujhe, Bekha and Latoo Latoo will surely work for the majority of the audiences.
This is not Rahman's best music score but it is appreciative. It should do well. I do prefer Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na but that was a different film to this. I hope that the music justifies itself with the film. Lyrics by Prasoon Joshi are fairly average and could have been done better. However, give the album a few tries and the music will grow on you!
Rating: 6/10


Thanks for reading,
Rahul N. Singh

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.