Monday, October 13, 2008

True Love...is it a true reality or a romantic writers concept?

Hello Readers,

I am back after a good week. I have been so busy with uni work but I always make time for you all on the blog. I hope you all enjoyed reading the last blog post as much as I enjoyed writing it!

The title of my blog is what I questioned in 'Sacrifice-a sign of true love or not?' I questioned whether true love was a concept made up by romantic writers like myself or is it a true reality? I am sure you must have thought about it...if not...think about it now. For a few minutes.

Right, let's see it from my perspective as a writer. For me writing is very spiritual. I get a lot of energy when I write and most of my work is from my heart. Even as I plan for my future stories, I feel the ideas come from an energy that I cannot explain. When I started writing 'Love is Complicated' I had to explore love. I spent days thinking about what love must be like? Then it was about feeling that love. Then evaluating whether love was true realistically? If it was, how could I write it in my story? Hence, the whole concept of sacrifice came in. I believe as a writer, I could go to any limit to talk about love. I would personally love to go back to writing another love story!

On a personal level, I do find love to be very realistic. I might be in love or might have been in love hence I can say it is realistic. Words cannot describe love and if you can, you are a genius. To feel love, you have to accept love. To become love, you have to surrender to love. I love the concept of love because it is a real feeling. Loving someone unconditionally is the best experience that one can have. What has made me enjoy writing 'Love is Complicated' that I personally saw someone sacrifice their love for their partner and was able to see it and feel it. From that I was able to write about it because I understood what sacrifice and true love meant. All I can say it was an absolutely great experience.

I find that I am living the extended novel romance. In one story, it is about finding love, a break-up in the middle and then in the end everything is sorted out. That is all packed in a few hundred pages. However real-life romances are an open book...we write our own romances...and that becomes the special reality of an extended novel romance!

So my conclusion to this is simple. In order for a romantic writer to write about love, they have to experience it and what makes it better is when a writer can discuss it in their story with knowledge of real-life experiences!
If you have any thoughts or experiences that you would like to share please do comment and most of all...enjoy this post!

Lots of love,
Rahul N. Singh

P.S. Before I forget...make sure you have voted on the next story that you would like me to write. You only have 12 days!