Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sacrifice-sign of true love or not?

Hello Readers,
I am back after a few days, although it does seem longer than that. As I reflect on my week, it has been busy. I have finally finished the editing for the first draft of my novel. Also...now I am editing for the final draft. If you remember, I chose 5 people to read the first draft of my novel. At the moment, they are reading it and hopefully I will get a few reviews by the end of the month. I will post a few lines on here, only if they would like me to.

Let's get to the topic of this blog post. This is the one topic that binds my story together. My story is about sacrificing love for someone's or some people's happiness. It is about the sacrifice of love for a friendship to remain strong. It is about the sacrifice of love for a society that has it's own culture and traditions.

While I was writing my novel, I started to end my belief in sacrificing your love. I began to feel that you really cannot sacrifice your love. It is impossible. How can someone let their love go? Can someone love another person so much, that they cannot see that person not love again? Can someone love another person so much, that they cannot see that person lose hope and faith in love? Can someone love another person so much, that they rather see their love go into another person's arms? Do you believe someone can do that?

Like I said...I started to end my belief that sacrifice happens in love...however certain things came into place in my life. I started to realise that it can happen. People do sacrifice their own happiness, their own desires, their own love to see their true love fulfill their dreams. However can we, the people see it when someone does sacrifice their love for our individual desires and happiness? Think about it, can we? You can only see it if you open your eyes. When you open your eyes to love, you will see it. I will admit as a writer I did become confused but after much thought and realisation...sacrificing your love is the truest form of love.

Death is one thing that scares the most of us. However true lovers do see death in a different way. They see death and think of the person they love. They think about whether the person they love... will ever love again? They think whether that person they are sacrificing for...would they stop believing in love, relationships or marriage? The idea of death scares a true romantic (lover) not because they are losing their life but it is actually because they constantly think about the person they truly love.

Following on...this leads to another question in mind. Is the concept of true love...true or just an aspect that romantic writers have made up? Then look forward to my next blog post as it discusses whether true love is a true concept or a false concept!

I hope you enjoyed a read...please write a comment and please give your views on this blog post!

Take care and lots of love...
Rahul N. Singh