Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Charming and Angelic - Chapter two

Chapter 2
My eyes widened as I watched the person walk in. My eyes did not blink as I took the vision in front of me. The office suddenly became the most romantic place in the world, I imagined orange coloured crispy leaves entering through the door, also attracted to the beauty that I saw in front of me. If love had to happen right now I would allow it to happen.
The dark-brown eyed beauty faced my father, ignoring my gawping existence. She pushed her black silky hair back, straightened to perfection. "Do you know where the nearest tube station is from here? I am new to the area." She smiled innocently as she spoke nervously. Her voice as sweet as Beethoven's classical music.
Dad looked at me. "He will know." He pointed at me and I closed my gawping mouth suddenly and put on a fake but genuine smile. I crossed my hands and watched her turn to look at me. Now there was no hint of falseness in my smile. I watched her hair whoosh past and her eyes slowly look at me. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. Her eyes blinked slowly, her hands clenching harder on her white handbag.
I looked around me for those leaves and couldn't find them. I could swear that they were in here. What the hell was happening to me. Wait there...I got to answer this girl's question. I need to get out of this silly romantic talk. I am not romantic...I am a man. I do not need to be romantic.
I stood up quickly with my chest out and I heard the chair bang onto the desk behind me. My face crunched up as I heard the bang.
I raised my voice and made it deeper. "What do you want?" I started tapping my finger on the desk to look cool.
This beauty in front of me looked at my fingers tapping and gave a nervous smile. "I need to know where the nearest tube station is?" Her voice ran through my veins like sweet sugar. My heart started beating faster than before and my eyes widened. Damn! I am looking like a fool in front of this girl!
I coughed to clear my throat and rubbed my hand on my chest. "I am bad at giving directions...instead I'll show you." My voice more manly than ever. It felt good being macho. Macho Mani! Sounds good!
She nodded and turned around. The silence was killing me. I looked at Dad and he was pretending to be working. I could tell he was laughing. How could I flirt with a girl in front of him. I showed the beautiful girl the door.
Dad put his pen down loud enough for me to hear and turn around. "Make sure you go home after dropping her to the station." He smiled.
"Ok...Dad." I said in my not so macho voice. The girl turned around and looked at me. I didn't know what to do. What should I do?
I smiled. "My voice is still breaking...I am still going through puberty." I said in my normal voice, which was rather macho but not macho enough. I need to stop saying macho, it is not helping me!
The girl laughed as she walked out the door. What the hell was I doing?!
I could not believe that in the next few minutes I will be one and one with a girl. A girl that I desired for everyday in that boring office. The day had come when a university girl would come into the office and my wish finally fulfilled...what more could I ask for.
Now I had to create a conversation. What should I do? Be a typical guy or be different so that she remembers me? A tough one to make...

Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.