Monday, May 11, 2009

Charming and Angelic - Chapter One

Hey everyone,

I am posting a chapter of a story that I will be writing for the blog. So here is another regular feature as love for my fans! Hope you like it!

Chapter 1
Have you ever wondered what it must be like to have the love of your life disappear? Have you ever wondered what it must be like for the so-called 'Prince Charming' to come and sweep you off your feet? Have you every wondered what it must be like to have the most 'angelic girl' come and take your breath away? You can stop wondering because my story solves it all.

I am Mani, short for Mandeep. I am a normal average man who works for my father's software company in London. The recession has hit us badly and now my dream to become an actor is minimal. I wanted to take acting lessons and now we hardly had any money to cover it.
I watched people walk by the office, listening to their i-pods, carrying their free evening newspapers and looking busy on their blackberrys. I could not understand the whole aspect of working in an office all my life. My father was a typical asian father. He wanted me to go to university and study medicine or law.
Come on now, I am 18, I want to have some fun. I want to see the world and feel the world. I didn't want to be stuck in some compact office doing nothing. That is what I did. I did nothing. I refused to go to university and I refused to find a job. I know I was being a burden on my father but he was being a burden on my dreams. He should have at least given me a chance to be an actor.
I looked at my father busy doing something. He was a nice guy from the heart. He was losing his hair now, so going bald was his only destination for his head. His glasses made him look around 5 years older than he was, although his skin did make him look younger. He didnt have wrinkles, possibly due to the fact he kept smiling whenever he could. A good 48 year old man! My old man!
I watched people walking past. Now I could see the university students. I loved watching the girls go past but not one of them looked at me. I wanted them to notice me but I just stayed in the office. I never went by the door to have a chat with them.
"Oi!" My father shouted. "If you want to go to the girls then go." He took his glasses off and pointed at me. "No one is stopping you. Stop being shy." He smiled at me.
I actually agreed with him but he shouldn't know that. "I am not shy!" I am extremely shy. "I am not that interested in girls at the moment." I loved girls, I loved women. I would day dream about one of those girls coming into the shop by accident.
Dad gave a little chuckle. "Listen, I was just like you. I would say I am not interested but everytime, in the corner of my eye, I would look at the beautiful young faces that would take my breath away. Their gait, the way they walk, the way their hips swayed left-right-left-right." Dad looked at the clock in front of him as he passionately spoke about his childhood.
But what the hell! My dad knew me very well. I couldn't allow this to happen either. "Look Dad, left-right-up-down, I am not interested at the moment. I want to go..." I was interrupted as the office door opened. Dad looked at me and smiled.



Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008-2009 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.