Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shah Rukh's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has music success!


Hello Readers,

It was not long ago when I wrote my music review on Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and I said that the music will taste success. It was a subjective opinion, however now subjectivity meets with objectivity.

I was quite skeptical to the way the critics would handle the music and I was absolutely right. Not everyone would open up to it. Critics wrote reviews which seemed to be unfair and to be very biased against SRK. There were a few reviews which praised the simplicity of the music and lyrics but critical success was average.

Despite the reviews, people have gone out and bought the albums and gave it a listen. I am sure it took everyone time to get used to the simple music and simple lyrics. However Box Office India has showed us that regionally in India the music is a success. In the North, East and West of India it is first in the charts and in the South it is second to Dostana. Overall, for a film that has only been released for a month has tasted quick success. Well done to the team of Yash Raj. For the source of information click here: Film Music Sales - Regional Novemeber 2008

Music lovers will love RNBDJ. The music is soothing, its calming, it has every element. I still listen to the album every day. At times, I want to get away from the music and I do try to listen to something else but I cannot. Something pulls me back to it. I am sure that is the case with you?

The fact is simple. Keep the music simple and keep the lyrics simple and you will get somewhere. The fact is that Haule Haule music hit hona hi tha! Yes, I knew it would take time but now I am addicted to this album and I can only praise first of all the director Aditya Chopra, the music directors Salim and Sulaiman and the lyrics to Jaideep Sahni! Also, praise needs to go to the choreographers and most of all to Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma on setting the screen on fire with the song promos. Let us hope that Ghajini also has the same success and can win over its critics.

However, catch Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi at a cinema near you on the 12th December 2008!

Take care and lots of love,

Rahul N. Singh


Copyright © Chronicles of a Creative Writer. 2008 Rahul N. Singh. All Rights Reserved.